March 10, 2012 9:55:00 PM
Columbus' Sears store will close April 29.
In December, Sears Holding Corp. announced the Columbus store is one of three in the state to be closed, due to poor profit performance. Stores in Jackson and McComb, as well as 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores across the country, were also announced for closure. Kmart is owned by Sears Holdings Corp.
Sears Holding Corp. earlier had not announced closing dates, but signage now on the Columbus store dates the close of the business in Columbus.
The Columbus store occupies about 41,000 square feet and was one of Leigh Mall's original tenants when the mall opened in 1973.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY