March 10, 2012 9:55:00 PM
Columbus' Sears store will close April 29.
In December, Sears Holding Corp. announced the Columbus store is one of three in the state to be closed, due to poor profit performance. Stores in Jackson and McComb, as well as 100 to 120 Sears and Kmart stores across the country, were also announced for closure. Kmart is owned by Sears Holdings Corp.
Sears Holding Corp. earlier had not announced closing dates, but signage now on the Columbus store dates the close of the business in Columbus.
The Columbus store occupies about 41,000 square feet and was one of Leigh Mall's original tenants when the mall opened in 1973.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY