March 13, 2012 10:46:26 AM
JACKSON -- Mississippi voters are choosing nominees for all four U.S. House seats and one Senate seat, and Republicans are helping select a nominee to face President Barack Obama.
Polls are open today from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Longtime Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson is challenged by former Greenville Mayor Heather McTeer in the 2nd District.
Freshman Republican Rep. Alan Nunnelee faces tea party favorite Henry Ross in the 1st District. Steven Palazzo in the 4th faces Cindy Burleson.
Republican Rep. Gregg Harper faces one low-budget challenger in the 3rd District.
In the Senate race, Republican Roger Wicker faces two challengers in his primary.
Presidential candidates Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum have made multiple campaign stops in Mississippi during the past several days. The state has 40 Republican delegates.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY