March 13, 2012 10:46:26 AM
JACKSON -- Mississippi voters are choosing nominees for all four U.S. House seats and one Senate seat, and Republicans are helping select a nominee to face President Barack Obama.
Polls are open today from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Longtime Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson is challenged by former Greenville Mayor Heather McTeer in the 2nd District.
Freshman Republican Rep. Alan Nunnelee faces tea party favorite Henry Ross in the 1st District. Steven Palazzo in the 4th faces Cindy Burleson.
Republican Rep. Gregg Harper faces one low-budget challenger in the 3rd District.
In the Senate race, Republican Roger Wicker faces two challengers in his primary.
Presidential candidates Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum have made multiple campaign stops in Mississippi during the past several days. The state has 40 Republican delegates.
1. Wiggins wins Caledonia by one vote COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. House built by and for freed slaves for sale in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Two arrested for child endangerment in marijuana bust COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Second Baptist deacons to release offering to trustees, finance committee STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Person shot in home invasion on Tabernacle Road COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY