May 29, 2009
The following incidents were reported by the Columbus Police Department:
CPD officers responded to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle at about 6:30 p.m. after receiving a report of a rape victim at the hospital.
After speaking to the victim, officers learned the victim was at Fat Daddy''s bar at 1200 Highway 45 N. Saturday night when she got a ride home from two white males in a white Chevy truck.
The victim told officers she did not remember how she got home, but woke up at her house wearing no underwear. The victim was treated at the hospital before the case was turned over to CPD Investigator Amanda Burrell.
Scott told officers she returned home from her daughter''s graduation when she discovered an RCA television was missing. After investigation, officers determined entry to the residence was gained through the master bedroom window.
Jones told officers she was visiting a friend when she discovered someone had entered her 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix and stolen a laptop computer and a charger. Police were unable to determine a point of entry.
Gray told officers someone entered her 2009 Toyota Camry and stole a purse and its contents from the vehicle''s trunk. Entry was gained through an open window.
Maxwell told officers he discovered Monday someone had broken a window out of his 2008 International Truck and searched the truck''s cab. However, nothing was reported missing from the vehicle.
As of Thursday, no arrests had been made, and all cases had been turned over to the CPD Criminal Investigation Division.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY