May 29, 2009
The following incidents were reported by the Columbus Police Department:
CPD officers responded to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle at about 6:30 p.m. after receiving a report of a rape victim at the hospital.
After speaking to the victim, officers learned the victim was at Fat Daddy''s bar at 1200 Highway 45 N. Saturday night when she got a ride home from two white males in a white Chevy truck.
The victim told officers she did not remember how she got home, but woke up at her house wearing no underwear. The victim was treated at the hospital before the case was turned over to CPD Investigator Amanda Burrell.
Scott told officers she returned home from her daughter''s graduation when she discovered an RCA television was missing. After investigation, officers determined entry to the residence was gained through the master bedroom window.
Jones told officers she was visiting a friend when she discovered someone had entered her 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix and stolen a laptop computer and a charger. Police were unable to determine a point of entry.
Gray told officers someone entered her 2009 Toyota Camry and stole a purse and its contents from the vehicle''s trunk. Entry was gained through an open window.
Maxwell told officers he discovered Monday someone had broken a window out of his 2008 International Truck and searched the truck''s cab. However, nothing was reported missing from the vehicle.
As of Thursday, no arrests had been made, and all cases had been turned over to the CPD Criminal Investigation Division.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY