Dr. Henry L. Laws II
March 22, 2012 10:50:16 AM
Dr. Henry L. Laws II, a Columbus native, has been awarded the Distinguished Service Award of The Southeastern Surgical Congress.
This is only the 21st time in the 72-year history of the Southeastern Surgical Congress that this award has been given.
Laws attended the University of Mississippi, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree and Medical Certificate for two years of Medical School in 1954. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Harvard Medical School in 1956. In 2004, Laws was selected to the Ole Miss Alumni Hall of Fame.
Laws served in private practice and on the faculty of UAB at Birmingham. He later became director of surgical residency at Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham. His career includes numerous awards and professional achievements.
He retired in 2003 and lives in Chilton County, Ala., with his wife, Deborah Laws. They have three children, Hank Laws of West Palm Beach, Fla., Lauren Laws Conner of Birmingham, Ala., and Susan Laws Consentino of Washington; and five grandchildren.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY