Dr. Henry L. Laws II
March 22, 2012 10:50:16 AM
Dr. Henry L. Laws II, a Columbus native, has been awarded the Distinguished Service Award of The Southeastern Surgical Congress.
This is only the 21st time in the 72-year history of the Southeastern Surgical Congress that this award has been given.
Laws attended the University of Mississippi, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree and Medical Certificate for two years of Medical School in 1954. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Harvard Medical School in 1956. In 2004, Laws was selected to the Ole Miss Alumni Hall of Fame.
Laws served in private practice and on the faculty of UAB at Birmingham. He later became director of surgical residency at Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham. His career includes numerous awards and professional achievements.
He retired in 2003 and lives in Chilton County, Ala., with his wife, Deborah Laws. They have three children, Hank Laws of West Palm Beach, Fla., Lauren Laws Conner of Birmingham, Ala., and Susan Laws Consentino of Washington; and five grandchildren.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY