Dr. Henry L. Laws II
March 22, 2012 10:50:16 AM
Dr. Henry L. Laws II, a Columbus native, has been awarded the Distinguished Service Award of The Southeastern Surgical Congress.
This is only the 21st time in the 72-year history of the Southeastern Surgical Congress that this award has been given.
Laws attended the University of Mississippi, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree and Medical Certificate for two years of Medical School in 1954. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Harvard Medical School in 1956. In 2004, Laws was selected to the Ole Miss Alumni Hall of Fame.
Laws served in private practice and on the faculty of UAB at Birmingham. He later became director of surgical residency at Carraway Methodist Medical Center in Birmingham. His career includes numerous awards and professional achievements.
He retired in 2003 and lives in Chilton County, Ala., with his wife, Deborah Laws. They have three children, Hank Laws of West Palm Beach, Fla., Lauren Laws Conner of Birmingham, Ala., and Susan Laws Consentino of Washington; and five grandchildren.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY