May 31, 2009
The following incidents were reported by the Columbus Police Department:
Hicks told officers someone entered his house and stole a 9 mm pistol from his closet.
Stedman told officers someone entered his house and stole an iPod and an undetermined amount of cash. Upon investigation, officers found no evidence of forced entry.
Adams told officers someone entered her car and stole a Kenwood CD player. Entry was gained through an open window.
Deloach told officers someone entered her husband''s 1991 Honda Accord and stole a phone and a detachable radio face plate. Entry was gained by unlocking one of the car''s doors.
Dent told officers someone entered his vehicle and stole a car stereo. Entry was gained through an unlocked door.
Holliman told officers someone stole a boat from the property. A witness told officers someone hooked the boat to the back of a white Chevrolet pickup truck and fled the scene heading east on Warpath Road.
Hart told officers someone entered an unlocked storage building behind his residence and stole one tray of hand tools.
All cases have been turned over to the CPD Criminal Investigation Division.
1. Woman dies after parking lot shooting in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayor, city employee raises rescinded COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY