March 31, 2012 10:58:32 PM
Dispatch Staff Report
A Vernon, Ala. woman was arrested Thursday in connection with the death of a Beaverton, Ala. man.
Sandra Hawkins, 35, of 244 Finch Street N.W. in Vernon, was arrested by Lamar County Sheriff's Department deputies and charged with murdering James Clyde "Henry" Crenshaw, 38.
She is being held in the Lamar County Jail on a $75,000 bond.
Police reports indicate the arrest was the result of an investigation by the LCSD, the District Attorney's Criminal Investigation Division, the 24th Judicial Circuit Drug and Violent Crimes Task Force and other local law enforcement agencies.
"At this time, an arrest has been made, but the investigation continues," Lamar Count Sheriff Terry Perkins said.
If convicted of murder, Hawkins could receive a sentence ranging from 10 years in the penitentiary to 99 years or life in the penitentiary.
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
1. Woman dies after parking lot shooting in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayor, city employee raises rescinded COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY