March 31, 2012 10:58:32 PM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Dispatch Staff Report
A Vernon, Ala. woman was arrested Thursday in connection with the death of a Beaverton, Ala. man.
Sandra Hawkins, 35, of 244 Finch Street N.W. in Vernon, was arrested by Lamar County Sheriff's Department deputies and charged with murdering James Clyde "Henry" Crenshaw, 38.
She is being held in the Lamar County Jail on a $75,000 bond.
Police reports indicate the arrest was the result of an investigation by the LCSD, the District Attorney's Criminal Investigation Division, the 24th Judicial Circuit Drug and Violent Crimes Task Force and other local law enforcement agencies.
"At this time, an arrest has been made, but the investigation continues," Lamar Count Sheriff Terry Perkins said.
If convicted of murder, Hawkins could receive a sentence ranging from 10 years in the penitentiary to 99 years or life in the penitentiary.
1. SPED parent speaks at school board meeting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police chief retiring at year's end COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local toy drives, fundraisers still short of goals COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Commission delays decision on Lipscomb House demolition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County OKs franchise agreement with MaxxSouth STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY