April 12, 2012 10:32:35 AM
Dispatch Staff Reports
A Columbus man was arrested April 6 in connection with an alleged shooting. Jimmie Cantrell Tate, 24, of 108 Miley Loop, was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
"Deputies responded to a call of an alleged shooting," Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Investigator James Farris said. "The caller said (Tate) had shot three times into the window of their vehicle. Tate was on foot when we found him."
Tate did not have a weapon on him when he was arrested, Farris said.
An initial court date and bond for Tate are pending.
In another matter, Christopher Lee Gray, 34, of 154 Priscilla Circle was arrested April 5 and charged with kidnapping. He was found, with his victim, at Shelaine's Motel in Aberdeen.
"We had a 911 hang up call around noon on Wednesday, April 5," LCSO Investigator Ryan Rickert said. "Later that day, we received some more information and the (U.S.) Marshals went to Aberdeen and picked them up."
Rickert said the incident was of a domestic nature. The victim, whose identity has not been released, was treated for minor injuries.
Gray remains in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $25,000 bond.
The following were arrested by LSCO and Columbus Police Department:
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY