April 18, 2012 11:03:09 AM
More arrests have been made in connection with the death of a Beaverton, Ala. man.
Angel Ann O'Mary, 34, of 1801 Sunset Road in Vernon, Ala., and Ellis Manuel Squier, 25, of 275 Lampkin Road in Sulligent, Ala. were arrested April 10 and charged with the murder of James Clyde "Henry" Crenshaw, 38.
Sandra Hawkins, 35, of 244 Finch Street N.W. in Vernon, was arrested March 29 and also was charged with the murder of Crenshaw.
Bond for the O'Mary, Squier and Hawkins was set at $75,000 each.
Police reports indicate the arrest was the result of an investigation by the Lamar County Sheriff's Department, the District Attorney's Criminal Investigation Division, the 24th Judicial Circuit Drug and Violent Crimes Task Force and other local law enforcement agencies.
Lamar County Sheriff Terry Perkins said he feels the investigation has been closed, with the recent arrests.
"I want to thank all the agencies and investigators, who assisted in this investigation, for their hard work and dedication," Perkins said. "A death investigation takes highest priority and requires hours of focus, and through the efforts of the officers in this case, we were able to get to the truth."
If convicted of murder, each defendant could receive a sentence ranging from a minimum of 10 years in the penitentiary to a maximum of 99 years or life in the penitentiary.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Oktibbeha elections set as last-minute qualifiers enter races STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY