April 20, 2012 11:13:56 AM
Fourteenth Chancery District Judge H. Jim Davidson Jr. of Columbus has been named Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation.
Judge Davidson was inducted at a dinner ceremony at the Old Capitol Inn in Jackson on April 12. Being named a Fellow is the highest honor given by the Bar Foundation.
Judge Davidson has served on the Fourteenth Chancery Court since January 2007. Before he was elected to the bench, he practiced law in Columbus for 32 years.
Judge Davidson previously served as president of the Lowndes County Bar, chairman of the Bar Complaints Committee, and chairman of the Paralegal Committee of the Mississippi Bar. He has served as chairman of the Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science Foundation, Lowndes County Salvation Army Advisory Board, Lowndes Foundation, Chamber of Commerce, and Economic Development Association. He is professor emeritus at Mississippi University for Women.
Judge Davidson received a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology in 1971 and a law degree in 1974 from the University of Mississippi.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY