April 20, 2012 11:13:56 AM
Fourteenth Chancery District Judge H. Jim Davidson Jr. of Columbus has been named Fellow of the Mississippi Bar Foundation.
Judge Davidson was inducted at a dinner ceremony at the Old Capitol Inn in Jackson on April 12. Being named a Fellow is the highest honor given by the Bar Foundation.
Judge Davidson has served on the Fourteenth Chancery Court since January 2007. Before he was elected to the bench, he practiced law in Columbus for 32 years.
Judge Davidson previously served as president of the Lowndes County Bar, chairman of the Bar Complaints Committee, and chairman of the Paralegal Committee of the Mississippi Bar. He has served as chairman of the Mississippi School for Mathematics and Science Foundation, Lowndes County Salvation Army Advisory Board, Lowndes Foundation, Chamber of Commerce, and Economic Development Association. He is professor emeritus at Mississippi University for Women.
Judge Davidson received a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology in 1971 and a law degree in 1974 from the University of Mississippi.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. GEDs provide opportunities for 21 excited graduates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY