April 21, 2012 10:32:10 PM
A Macon man was arrested early Friday morning for allegedly stealing an emergency vehicle. Jimmie White Jr., 37, of 302 East Adams St. in Macon, was arrested and charged with felony taking of a motor vehicle.
Columbus Police Department Officer Mark Underwood was dispatched to 2520 Fifth Street N., Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, in reference to a stolen ambulance. Underwood spoke with Joe Wall, director of ambulance services for the hospital, who stated someone had taken an ambulance from the emergency room.
White was brought in by ambulance, as a patient, before walking out of the emergency room and stealing an ambulance. The ambulance was later seen by Macon police on Highway 14 in Macon.
Noxubee County Sheriff's deputies took John White into custody and met officers with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office at the county line. White was transported to the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond and court date are pending.
The case is being investigated by CPD.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY