June 5, 2009
The following people were arrested on felony charges, according to reports released by the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office.
The following incidents were reported by the CPD:
n Chelsey Baker arrived at CPD headquarters Wednesday at 1:06 p.m. to report a debit card and her driver''s license were missing from her purse.
Baker explaind that while working with the Columbus-Lowndes Recreational Authority at various parks throughout the city, she left her purse in the vehicle. She discovered the cards missing Monday.
The debit card was used Monday at Cadence Bank, and a large amount of cash was withdrawn.
n Ramirez Ivy filed a report with CPD Wednesday at 4:50 p.m. stating his sister had used his cell phone account without his permission to purchase a cell phone online from Vibe Line.
After receiving a telephone call from Cingular and reviewing his cell phone account, Ivy discovered four cell phones had been charged to his account by an individual from Greenwood.
As of Thursday, no arrests had been made and both cases had been turned over to the CPD Criminal Investigation Division.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Good Samaritan clinic helps Lowndes County residents COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY