May 22, 2012 10:11:44 AM
COLUMBUS -- The trial of a former youth leader, Benjamin Shelton, has been continued until August.
Shelton, of 924 Third Ave. N., is a former Sunday school teacher and part-time youth leader, who was charged with three counts of sexual battery.
An owner of Stewart's Antiques and Appraisals at 925 Third Ave. N., Shelton was arrested Jan. 22, 2009 by Lowndes County sheriff's deputies, after investigators learned he may have sexually abused a 17-year-old boy at a church camp, while Shelton was a youth leader.
His trial was scheduled to begin this week in Lowndes County Circuit Court. He is represented by local attorney Rodney Ray.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY