May 22, 2012 10:11:44 AM
COLUMBUS -- The trial of a former youth leader, Benjamin Shelton, has been continued until August.
Shelton, of 924 Third Ave. N., is a former Sunday school teacher and part-time youth leader, who was charged with three counts of sexual battery.
An owner of Stewart's Antiques and Appraisals at 925 Third Ave. N., Shelton was arrested Jan. 22, 2009 by Lowndes County sheriff's deputies, after investigators learned he may have sexually abused a 17-year-old boy at a church camp, while Shelton was a youth leader.
His trial was scheduled to begin this week in Lowndes County Circuit Court. He is represented by local attorney Rodney Ray.
1. West Point man arrested for firing shots outside Falcon Field during game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Starkville weighing e-cigarette ban STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD hopes more positive interactions will build trust between officers, citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire displaces families in Brooksville Gardens STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CMSD Monday meeting to focus on special ed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY