May 22, 2012 10:11:44 AM
COLUMBUS -- The trial of a former youth leader, Benjamin Shelton, has been continued until August.
Shelton, of 924 Third Ave. N., is a former Sunday school teacher and part-time youth leader, who was charged with three counts of sexual battery.
An owner of Stewart's Antiques and Appraisals at 925 Third Ave. N., Shelton was arrested Jan. 22, 2009 by Lowndes County sheriff's deputies, after investigators learned he may have sexually abused a 17-year-old boy at a church camp, while Shelton was a youth leader.
His trial was scheduled to begin this week in Lowndes County Circuit Court. He is represented by local attorney Rodney Ray.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY