U.S actors Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman arrive for the Dallas launch party at a central London venue, Tuesday. Photo by: AP Photo/Jonathan Short
August 22, 2012 11:08:39 AM
LONDON -- Cowboys, stetsons, bucking broncos and J.R. masks -- it could only be the arrival of "Dallas" in London.
Stars Larry Hagman, Linda Gray and Patrick Duffy were at a Southfork Ranch outpost by the River Thames on Tuesday night to launch the rebooted soap with a big Texan party.
After success in the U.S., the first season of the new "Dallas" TV series will be shown in the U.K. beginning Sept. 5 on Channel 5.
Duffy, who plays Bobby Ewing, says it was British audiences who helped the show become a hit the first time around, when they adopted the night-time soap and made it popular around the world.
He's hoping they'll do the same with the re-launched version.
The younger generation of actors -- Jesse Metcalfe, Josh Henderson, Jordana Brewster and Julie Gonzalo -- also was there.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY