June 25, 2009
WMAB 88.9 FM, which airs Mississippi Public Broadcasting''s programs locally, is now traveling across airwaves by way of a new antenna, ending weeks of sometimes shoddy reception.
Problems started after the old antenna was moved to a different side of the station''s transmitter tower. Reception became less than optimal as MPB waited for final approval for installation of the new antenna, according to a press release.
The new antenna was installed on Tuesday.
"We are pleased that the FCC was able to move so quickly on our antenna issue," MPB Executive Director Marie Antoon said. "We appreciate everyone''s patience as we installed the new radio antenna and removed the old one."
Radio and television reception issues can be reported to MPB on the Web, at http://www.mpbonline.org/MoreFromMPB/signalfeedback.htm.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY