June 25, 2009
WMAB 88.9 FM, which airs Mississippi Public Broadcasting''s programs locally, is now traveling across airwaves by way of a new antenna, ending weeks of sometimes shoddy reception.
Problems started after the old antenna was moved to a different side of the station''s transmitter tower. Reception became less than optimal as MPB waited for final approval for installation of the new antenna, according to a press release.
The new antenna was installed on Tuesday.
"We are pleased that the FCC was able to move so quickly on our antenna issue," MPB Executive Director Marie Antoon said. "We appreciate everyone''s patience as we installed the new radio antenna and removed the old one."
Radio and television reception issues can be reported to MPB on the Web, at http://www.mpbonline.org/MoreFromMPB/signalfeedback.htm.
1. Man killed in Thanksgiving shooting outside Trotter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Body found in Lake Lowndes Park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council suspends CPD officer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for sex with 13-year-old STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY