September 27, 2012 9:47:46 AM
Mayor Parker Wiseman had to cast a tie-breaking vote to approve the 2012-13 fiscal budget at the Starkville Board of Alderman recess meeting on Wednesday.
With Ward 3 Alderman Eric Parker absent, the six aldermen split 3-3 on the vote, the only official board business handled at the meeting.
Ward 2 Alderman Sandra Sistrunk, Ward 4 Alderman Richard Corey and Ward 5 Alderman Jeremiah Dumas all voted to accept the budget while Ward 1 Alderman Ben Carver, Ward 6 Alderman Roy A. Perkins and Ward 7 Alderman Henry Vaughn voted against the budget.
The budget, which does not include a millage increase, has a projected revenue of $16,841,982.
1. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Luckett resigning from SOCSD school board STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY