September 27, 2012 9:47:46 AM
Mayor Parker Wiseman had to cast a tie-breaking vote to approve the 2012-13 fiscal budget at the Starkville Board of Alderman recess meeting on Wednesday.
With Ward 3 Alderman Eric Parker absent, the six aldermen split 3-3 on the vote, the only official board business handled at the meeting.
Ward 2 Alderman Sandra Sistrunk, Ward 4 Alderman Richard Corey and Ward 5 Alderman Jeremiah Dumas all voted to accept the budget while Ward 1 Alderman Ben Carver, Ward 6 Alderman Roy A. Perkins and Ward 7 Alderman Henry Vaughn voted against the budget.
The budget, which does not include a millage increase, has a projected revenue of $16,841,982.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY