September 27, 2012 9:47:46 AM
Mayor Parker Wiseman had to cast a tie-breaking vote to approve the 2012-13 fiscal budget at the Starkville Board of Alderman recess meeting on Wednesday.
With Ward 3 Alderman Eric Parker absent, the six aldermen split 3-3 on the vote, the only official board business handled at the meeting.
Ward 2 Alderman Sandra Sistrunk, Ward 4 Alderman Richard Corey and Ward 5 Alderman Jeremiah Dumas all voted to accept the budget while Ward 1 Alderman Ben Carver, Ward 6 Alderman Roy A. Perkins and Ward 7 Alderman Henry Vaughn voted against the budget.
The budget, which does not include a millage increase, has a projected revenue of $16,841,982.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY