September 29, 2012 8:37:18 PM
STARKVILLE -- Some of Mississippi's most prominent Republican political figures will join the Oktibbeha County Republican Party on Oct. 8 for the group's annual Patriots Dinner.
Sen. Roger Wicker, along with U.S. congressmen Gregg Harper and Alan Nunnelee, will serve as special guests at the event, which will be held at the Starkville Sportsplex and begins at 6 p.m.
Wicker will deliver the keynote address.
Marnita Henderson, chairwoman for the Oktibbeha County Republicans, said the group is excited to have Wicker as their keynote speaker, especially with it being so close to what she called "the most important election in U.S. history."
Oktibbeha County currently has five Republicans serving at the county level, Circuit Clerk Glenn Hamilton, Tax Assessor Alan Morgan, County Attorney Roy Carpenter Jr., District 1 Supervisor John Montgomery and District 1 Constable Shank Phelts.
Vice Chairman for County Republicans Ricky Bishop said he wants the people of Oktibbeha County to be able to meet the politicians that make the decisions for them.
"It's also just really important to be informed about the candidates and know, before going to vote, what each one stands for," he said.
Bishop said tickets are $30 for individuals and $50 for couples, and they can still be reserved, but, "we are close to being sold out, so keep that in mind."
For more information visit, OktibbehaGOP.com or call 769-8652.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY