October 4, 2012 10:20:34 AM
A Columbus man is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after allegedly committing an armed robbery on Tuesday.
Benjamin Shelby Wells, 21, of 2208 26th St N., was arrested yesterday and charged with one count of felony armed robbery.
According to Columbus Police Department Public Information Officer Glenda Buckhalter, Wells is believed to have robbed King's Grocery in the 1700 Block of Martin Luther King Drive. He was arrested on Wednesday by CPD investigators.
He is currently in the LCADC on a $25,000 bond.
The following arrests were also reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and Columbus Police Department:
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY