October 4, 2012 10:20:34 AM
A Columbus man is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after allegedly committing an armed robbery on Tuesday.
Benjamin Shelby Wells, 21, of 2208 26th St N., was arrested yesterday and charged with one count of felony armed robbery.
According to Columbus Police Department Public Information Officer Glenda Buckhalter, Wells is believed to have robbed King's Grocery in the 1700 Block of Martin Luther King Drive. He was arrested on Wednesday by CPD investigators.
He is currently in the LCADC on a $25,000 bond.
The following arrests were also reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and Columbus Police Department:
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus, Starkville ranked among state's most exciting cities COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY