October 4, 2012 10:20:34 AM
A Columbus man is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after allegedly committing an armed robbery on Tuesday.
Benjamin Shelby Wells, 21, of 2208 26th St N., was arrested yesterday and charged with one count of felony armed robbery.
According to Columbus Police Department Public Information Officer Glenda Buckhalter, Wells is believed to have robbed King's Grocery in the 1700 Block of Martin Luther King Drive. He was arrested on Wednesday by CPD investigators.
He is currently in the LCADC on a $25,000 bond.
The following arrests were also reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and Columbus Police Department:
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY