October 4, 2012 10:20:34 AM
A Columbus man is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after allegedly committing an armed robbery on Tuesday.
Benjamin Shelby Wells, 21, of 2208 26th St N., was arrested yesterday and charged with one count of felony armed robbery.
According to Columbus Police Department Public Information Officer Glenda Buckhalter, Wells is believed to have robbed King's Grocery in the 1700 Block of Martin Luther King Drive. He was arrested on Wednesday by CPD investigators.
He is currently in the LCADC on a $25,000 bond.
The following arrests were also reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and Columbus Police Department:
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY