October 4, 2012 10:32:00 AM
Mississippi University for Women's Gordy Honors College Forum Series presents state senator Sally Burchfield Doty today at 6 p.m. in Nissan Auditorium in Parkinson Hall on the MUW campus.
The senator, who represents Lincoln, Lawrence and portions of Simpson County in the Mississippi Senate, will speak on "Campaigns and Common Sense: How to Keep Your Sanity in the Crazy World of Politics."
In the Senate her committee assignments include drug policy economic development. She serves as the committee chair for Gov. Phil Bryant's Teen Pregnancy Prevention Task Force.
Continuing the pre-election theme, attorney Elizabeth Crowell of Jackson will present "It is Your Vote and It Still Matters" on Nov. 1. Crowell is a representative of the American Association of University Women.
The Gordy Honors College Forum is one of the premier lecture series in the state, offering dynamic and stimulating presentations. Dr. Thomas G. Velek is director of the Honors College.
The Forum Series concludes Nov. 8 and 29 with the Honors College's Fall Research Symposiums, showcasing undergraduate research by MUW seniors working on honors projects.
All presentations are at 6 p.m. in Nissan Auditorium.and are free to the public.
For more information, contact Velek at 662-241-6850.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY