October 10, 2012 10:11:03 AM
Agents with the Columbus-Lowndes Metro Narcotics Unit arrested three people on Monday on prescription fraud and drug-related charges in two separate incidents.
Jimmie Lynn Pierce, 41, of 911 12th St. N., was arrested at 1214 Hwy. 45 N., after she attempted to fill two fraudulent prescriptions.
Later that afternoon, the agents and deputies with the Lowndes County Special Response Team executed a search warrant at 231 Hobbs Sheffield Rd. where they arrested two individuals for felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
Curtis Lamont Shirley, 20, of 231 Hobbs Sheffield Road was charged with one count felony possession of cocaine after agents discovered approximately one ounce of cocaine inside the home.
Marvin Kyles, 25, of 75 Glynis Drive, was charged with one count of possession of marijuana.
In addition to the cocaine and marijuana, Xanax and paraphernalia used to package the illegal substances were also seized.
Shirley is being held without bond in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Kyles was released on a $520 bond.
Kyles was also involved in the Feb. 5 officer-involved shooting at Dutch Village gas station. He was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon and felony possession of marijuana, more than an ounce.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY