October 10, 2012 10:12:41 AM
The following arrests were reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and Columbus Police Department:
* Cornelious Mattix, 35, of 170 Margrett Hairston Road, Crawford, was arrested by MDOC Oct. 9 and charged with violation of probation. He is being held without bond.
* Bernard Phinizee, 39, of 24 Elmore St., was arrested by LCSO Oct. 8 and charged with possession, sale, transfer of a stolen firearm. He is being held without bond.
* Jimmie Lynn Pierce, 41, of 911 12th St. N., was arrested by LCSO Oct. 8 and charged with two counts of forged, false, or fraudulent prescription and contempt of court. She is being held without bond.
* Curtis Lamount Shirley, 20, of 231 Hobbs Sheffield Road, was arrested by LCSO Oct. 8 and charged with possession of cocaine. He is being held without bond.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. After 11 years as EMCC president, Young stepping down COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. 6-candidate race forms for Lowndes circuit clerk COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY