October 11, 2012 10:56:21 AM
Agents with the Columbus-Lowndes Metro Narcotics Unit arrested three men last week on drug-related charges. One of the men was also charged with possession of stolen property.
Agents executed a search warrant at the home of Frederick Romel Thompson and his son, Frederick Romel Smith, both of 1404 21st St. N., where they recovered a Mossberg Tactical 12-gauge shotgun, a stolen Toshiba laptop computer and two digital scales containing cocaine and marijuana residue.
Smith, 20, was arrested and charged with felony possession of stolen property and misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia.
Thompson, 40, was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia.
Eldridge Peter Langford Jr., 40, of 605 Sycamore St., was arrested and charged with possession of paraphernalia.
Thompson and Langford were released Oct. 4 on $520 bonds. Their court date is Oct. 30.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY