October 18, 2012 10:10:13 AM
JACKSON -- A severe storm front packing gusting winds left four people injured as it punched across a wide swath of the Southeast, downing power lines, toppling trees and damaging at least one mobile home in Mississippi, authorities said Thursday.
There were also preliminary reports of minor damage in Arkansas and the storm also raked across Tennessee on its eastward trek during the night and early hours Thursday. Some utility poles in Mississippi snapped from the force of the winds and a tree fell on at least one home, local dispatchers and an official with the state's civil emergency agency told The Associated Press.
A worker at Mississippi's Sharkey Issaquena Community Hospital in Rolling Fork said four people had been taken in stable condition there with injuries.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY