October 18, 2012 10:10:13 AM
JACKSON -- A severe storm front packing gusting winds left four people injured as it punched across a wide swath of the Southeast, downing power lines, toppling trees and damaging at least one mobile home in Mississippi, authorities said Thursday.
There were also preliminary reports of minor damage in Arkansas and the storm also raked across Tennessee on its eastward trek during the night and early hours Thursday. Some utility poles in Mississippi snapped from the force of the winds and a tree fell on at least one home, local dispatchers and an official with the state's civil emergency agency told The Associated Press.
A worker at Mississippi's Sharkey Issaquena Community Hospital in Rolling Fork said four people had been taken in stable condition there with injuries.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. After 11 years as EMCC president, Young stepping down COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY