October 18, 2012 10:10:13 AM
JACKSON -- A severe storm front packing gusting winds left four people injured as it punched across a wide swath of the Southeast, downing power lines, toppling trees and damaging at least one mobile home in Mississippi, authorities said Thursday.
There were also preliminary reports of minor damage in Arkansas and the storm also raked across Tennessee on its eastward trek during the night and early hours Thursday. Some utility poles in Mississippi snapped from the force of the winds and a tree fell on at least one home, local dispatchers and an official with the state's civil emergency agency told The Associated Press.
A worker at Mississippi's Sharkey Issaquena Community Hospital in Rolling Fork said four people had been taken in stable condition there with injuries.
1. Police: Columbus man pulled knife on woman, rammed car COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hump Day chaos sends Columbus cops scrambling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Clinkscales out, Amos in as drug court judge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Federal agents arrest man on assault charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY