October 20, 2012 7:11:09 PM
Pop/rock group Neon Trees has canceled their fall college tour and will no longer be headlining Bulldog Bash 2012 on Nov. 2, the Mississippi State University Student Association announced Thursday.
In a statement released by the band, Neon Trees cited personal circumstances as the reason for the cancellation.
"Due to an unforeseen personal circumstance, we need to cancel our upcoming college tour in November. We look forward to working with everyone to try and reschedule these performances and to come back to each town as soon as possible. Many apologies, Neon Trees."
Student Association President Shelby Balius assured that the Bulldog Bash team is working to overcome this obstacle, saying, "We are working diligently to find another act to add to the existing set of artists for this year's event. We still look forward to hosting Gloriana, Andy Grammer and DJ Archnemesis on Nov. 2."
She also said, "The Student Association is appreciative of the support for the event already received and hope that fans will be patient as we work to accommodate this obstacle and find another artist to join us."
An official announcement will be released from the Student Association when a replacement act is named.
Direct questions to Balius at 662-325-2930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY