October 23, 2012 10:37:44 AM
Two Columbus men were arrested early Monday morning after they allegedly broke into Bates Tire at 1401 Waterworks Road.
According to law enforcement, Anthony McGee, 19, of 1306 6th Ave. N., and Quadray Styles, 20, of 1813 3rd Ave. N., broke into the tire store just before 2 a.m.
When officers arrived on scene, McGee and Styles fled the scene in McGee's gray Ford Taurus. After a brief chase, the Taurus was wrecked at the intersection of Shady Street and Marvin Street. Both men ran from police, but were apprehended. McGee was tasered in the process.
Stolen rims and brake rotors were discovered inside the car.
McGee was arrested and charged with one count of burglary, one count felony eluding, resisting arrest, failure to obey a police officer, reckless driving, improper turn, disobeying a traffic control device, switched tag, driving without headlights, no driver's license and no insurance.
He is awaiting bond on the felony eluding and burglary charges. His bond for the other charges totalled $4,107.
Styles was arrested and charged with one count of burglary of a commercial building and failure to obey a police officer.
He received a $5,000 bond on the burglary count and a $400 bond on the misdemeanor failure to obey a police officer charge.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD searching for missing woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY