October 30, 2012 10:55:04 AM
WEST POINT -- Three women, including one from Columbus, have been arrested in connection with a fatal stabbing in West Point Saturday night.
Marcus Payne, 27, of Hamilton, was stabbed outside Stop One Deli, at the intersection of North Division Street and Bugg Street, around 11 p.m. Saturday.
Officials with the West Point Police Department said Payne was leaving the convenience store when he was approached by Macon residents Latwanna Roby, 27, and Natisha Roby, 24, and Shunbrica Roby, 22, of Columbus.
An argument ensued and Payne was stabbed at least once in the chest with a kitchen knife.
Payne was initially transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was later transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo, where he was pronounced dead at 3:30 a.m.
All three women face murder charges in Payne's death. The women are in the custody of the Clay County Jail, awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected burglar arrested at courthouse COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY