October 30, 2012 10:55:04 AM
WEST POINT -- Three women, including one from Columbus, have been arrested in connection with a fatal stabbing in West Point Saturday night.
Marcus Payne, 27, of Hamilton, was stabbed outside Stop One Deli, at the intersection of North Division Street and Bugg Street, around 11 p.m. Saturday.
Officials with the West Point Police Department said Payne was leaving the convenience store when he was approached by Macon residents Latwanna Roby, 27, and Natisha Roby, 24, and Shunbrica Roby, 22, of Columbus.
An argument ensued and Payne was stabbed at least once in the chest with a kitchen knife.
Payne was initially transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. He was later transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo, where he was pronounced dead at 3:30 a.m.
All three women face murder charges in Payne's death. The women are in the custody of the Clay County Jail, awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY