James L. Hayes and Jonathan C. Goodman
November 1, 2012 10:00:08 AM
Firefighters Jonathan C. Goodman and James L. Hays of the Starkville Fire Department recently graduated from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Firefighter course held at the Mississippi State Fire Academy in Jackson, MS.
This intense, six-week course included classroom and practical instruction in the areas of fire behavior, fire suppression, rescue, incident command, hazardous materials and other fire-related topics. This course meets and exceeds the National Fire Protection Association for Firefighter Qualifications and the uniform minimum training standards stated in the Mississippi Code section 83-1-37.
The Mississippi State Fire Academy is an extension of the Mississippi Insurance Department. Commissioner Mike Chaney and Academy Executive Director Reggie Bell conclude that firefighters, through their newly-acquired skills and knowledge, will be an asset to the fire departments they represent in implementing fire protection for their community.
1. Anti-McQueen ads could violate state law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Two women accused in separate embezzlement cases COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Candidates attack absent mayor at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Middle school mourning death of student STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Smith campaign raises near $20K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY