November 8, 2012 10:09:38 AM
Chris LeBrun, MD, nephrologist, has been elected chief of the medical staff at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He began his duties on Oct. 1. He will lead the hospital's more than 100 physicians. He follows outgoing chief of staff Dr. Keith McCoy, whose term ended on Sept. 30.
Originally from Monroe, La., Dr. Lebrun is a 1993 graduate of the Tulane University Medical School in New Orleans, La. He completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at Madigan Army Medical Center at Ft. Lewis Washington in Tacoma, Wash. in 1996. He also completed a fellowship in nephrology at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. in 1998.
Dr. Lebrun joined the staff at Baptist Golden Triangle in April 2005. He is board certified in internal medicine and nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
"We are very pleased to have Dr. LeBrun as the new chief of staff. We know he will do an excellent job in leading our outstanding team of physicians over the next year," said Baptist Golden Triangle Administrator and CEO Paul Cade.
Martin Howard, MD, a pathologist, is the new chief of staff-elect, and Joel Butler, an emergency room physician is credentials chairman. Richard Johnston, a gastroenterologist, is secretary/treasurer. All of the new medical staff officers will serve through September 30, 2013.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY