November 9, 2012 9:58:51 AM
STARKVILLE -- Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving.
Hunt, 46, of 2389 Silver Ridge Road in Starkville, was driving east on Highway 82 toward Columbus around 4:30 p.m. when he was pulled over by Mississippi Highway Patrol in front of the John Deere dealership.
He was charged with one count DUI and one count careless driving. He was released on a $1,075 bond. His court date will be Dec. 11.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Consultant brings fresh eyes to short-staffed CPD COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 2 MSU employees apply for Turner's school board seat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY