November 9, 2012 9:58:51 AM
STARKVILLE -- Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving.
Hunt, 46, of 2389 Silver Ridge Road in Starkville, was driving east on Highway 82 toward Columbus around 4:30 p.m. when he was pulled over by Mississippi Highway Patrol in front of the John Deere dealership.
He was charged with one count DUI and one count careless driving. He was released on a $1,075 bond. His court date will be Dec. 11.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY