November 9, 2012 9:58:51 AM
STARKVILLE -- Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving.
Hunt, 46, of 2389 Silver Ridge Road in Starkville, was driving east on Highway 82 toward Columbus around 4:30 p.m. when he was pulled over by Mississippi Highway Patrol in front of the John Deere dealership.
He was charged with one count DUI and one count careless driving. He was released on a $1,075 bond. His court date will be Dec. 11.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY