November 9, 2012 9:58:51 AM
STARKVILLE -- Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving.
Hunt, 46, of 2389 Silver Ridge Road in Starkville, was driving east on Highway 82 toward Columbus around 4:30 p.m. when he was pulled over by Mississippi Highway Patrol in front of the John Deere dealership.
He was charged with one count DUI and one count careless driving. He was released on a $1,075 bond. His court date will be Dec. 11.
Sarah Fowler covers crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch. Follow her on Twitter @FowlerSarah
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Good Samaritan clinic helps Lowndes County residents COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY