November 9, 2012 9:58:51 AM
STARKVILLE -- Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with driving under the influence and careless driving.
Hunt, 46, of 2389 Silver Ridge Road in Starkville, was driving east on Highway 82 toward Columbus around 4:30 p.m. when he was pulled over by Mississippi Highway Patrol in front of the John Deere dealership.
He was charged with one count DUI and one count careless driving. He was released on a $1,075 bond. His court date will be Dec. 11.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Caledonia man gets one year for nude photos of teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police make arrest in April shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Man found guilty in 2011 grocery store assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Steens woman indicted for child endangerment COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY