November 24, 2012 9:29:02 PM
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Police say a Massachusetts man left his girlfriend's 2-year-old son in a car while he went shopping for Black Friday bargains, then went home with his new 51-inch flat screen television and left the toddler behind.
Police, alerted by store security, found the boy asleep in the vehicle in a Kmart parking lot at about 1:30 a.m. Friday.
They forced their way into the car and took the boy to the hospital as a precaution.
Meanwhile, they tracked the man to his Springfield home.
He told police he lost the boy while shopping, panicked and called someone else for a ride. The boy's mother was working.
The 34-year-old man was not arrested and not immediately charged, but police say they expect to charge him with reckless endangerment to a child.
1. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Christmas festivities planned for downtown Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY