November 28, 2012 11:16:07 AM
Zelma Talley will be joined today by three additional members to serve on the new Golden Triangle Regional Link's operations in Oktibbeha County.
Columbus-Lowndes Development Link CEO Joe Max Higgins is expected to announce Cadence Back vice president Mark Abernathy, Greater Starkville Development Partnership chairman Steve Langston and Coldwell Banker broker Michelle Amos as the new members. The three will accompany former businesswoman Talley, who was selected earlier this month by the Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors.
The members will serve out the interim three-year contract agreed upon by the city, county, GSDP and the Oktibbeha County Economic Development Authority. After the interim period, either new members will be selected, or the current members will be chosen to keep their place.
The announcement was to be made at a meeting at the Link offices in Columbus at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
1. Man arrested for walking onto field during Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CVB purchases Elks Club COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Bell ringers and Angel Trees: Volunteers and donations still needed by Salvation Army COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Supervisors donate land for new Communiversity site COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. For Amos, a goodbye to drug court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY