July 8, 2009
COLUMBUS -- Marvin Lee Richards, 29, is suspected to have stabbed Michael Swanigan, 41, on the night of the Fourth of July, police said.
Both the victim and the suspect were still in Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Tuesday; the victim was in critical care, and the suspect was getting surgery on his foot, said Columbus Police Department Capt. Fred Shelton.
At around 9:25 p.m on Sunday, police had found the victim lying in the street with a stab wound on the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North in Columbus.
WCBI reported Sunday night the victim and suspect had been intoxicated at the time of the incident, and the victim had been slashed using a hand-held cutting saw conventionally used on Sheetrock.
No arrest had been made as of Tuesday, Shelton said. The department is still investigating the case.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY