July 8, 2009
COLUMBUS -- Marvin Lee Richards, 29, is suspected to have stabbed Michael Swanigan, 41, on the night of the Fourth of July, police said.
Both the victim and the suspect were still in Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Tuesday; the victim was in critical care, and the suspect was getting surgery on his foot, said Columbus Police Department Capt. Fred Shelton.
At around 9:25 p.m on Sunday, police had found the victim lying in the street with a stab wound on the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North in Columbus.
WCBI reported Sunday night the victim and suspect had been intoxicated at the time of the incident, and the victim had been slashed using a hand-held cutting saw conventionally used on Sheetrock.
No arrest had been made as of Tuesday, Shelton said. The department is still investigating the case.
1. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY