July 8, 2009
COLUMBUS -- Marvin Lee Richards, 29, is suspected to have stabbed Michael Swanigan, 41, on the night of the Fourth of July, police said.
Both the victim and the suspect were still in Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Tuesday; the victim was in critical care, and the suspect was getting surgery on his foot, said Columbus Police Department Capt. Fred Shelton.
At around 9:25 p.m on Sunday, police had found the victim lying in the street with a stab wound on the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North in Columbus.
WCBI reported Sunday night the victim and suspect had been intoxicated at the time of the incident, and the victim had been slashed using a hand-held cutting saw conventionally used on Sheetrock.
No arrest had been made as of Tuesday, Shelton said. The department is still investigating the case.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY