July 8, 2009
COLUMBUS -- Marvin Lee Richards, 29, is suspected to have stabbed Michael Swanigan, 41, on the night of the Fourth of July, police said.
Both the victim and the suspect were still in Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Tuesday; the victim was in critical care, and the suspect was getting surgery on his foot, said Columbus Police Department Capt. Fred Shelton.
At around 9:25 p.m on Sunday, police had found the victim lying in the street with a stab wound on the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North in Columbus.
WCBI reported Sunday night the victim and suspect had been intoxicated at the time of the incident, and the victim had been slashed using a hand-held cutting saw conventionally used on Sheetrock.
No arrest had been made as of Tuesday, Shelton said. The department is still investigating the case.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY