July 8, 2009
COLUMBUS -- Marvin Lee Richards, 29, is suspected to have stabbed Michael Swanigan, 41, on the night of the Fourth of July, police said.
Both the victim and the suspect were still in Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Tuesday; the victim was in critical care, and the suspect was getting surgery on his foot, said Columbus Police Department Capt. Fred Shelton.
At around 9:25 p.m on Sunday, police had found the victim lying in the street with a stab wound on the 1700 block of 14th Avenue North in Columbus.
WCBI reported Sunday night the victim and suspect had been intoxicated at the time of the incident, and the victim had been slashed using a hand-held cutting saw conventionally used on Sheetrock.
No arrest had been made as of Tuesday, Shelton said. The department is still investigating the case.
1. Business booms for Starkville startup Glo STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. New Hope kids take robot to world competition COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Three mayoral candidates no-shows at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Mayoral forum to be held at MUW COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Neal withdraws from Starkville's Ward 5 race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY