December 1, 2012 9:57:59 PM
WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Spectators who came to watch horses at a western Pennsylvania racetrack got a surprise this week when three deer got onto the course first and beat the horses to racing.
According to KDKA-TV, a race was about to begin Wednesday night at the Meadows Racetrack in Washington County when the deer jumped onto the track.
Race announcer Roger Huston didn't miss a beat. He began calling the race as it unfolded, saying things like: "As they race down the track, Bambi has the lead. Here comes Rudolph from the outside."
The deer ran fast but kept changing directions. At one point, they appeared headed to the paddock, where the horses were being held.
Several minutes into the show, the deer decided to leave the track to the horses.
Huston says Bambi won the race.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. The Running Man: Columbus cardiologist fled Uganda death squads as a teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY