December 5, 2012 9:20:23 AM
A Columbus man was arrested Monday night and charged with possession of marijuana more than an ounce with intent to distribute.
Cory Sanders, of 605 21st St. N., was arrested early Monday evening after agents with the Lowndes County Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant at his residence.
Agents discovered approximately a quarter-pound of marijuana as well as a Ruger 9mm pistol, scales and $2,300 in cash. Agents also seized Sanders' vehicle, a 2005 model BMW SUV.
Sanders was out on bond for a May arrest during which he was also charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
Earlier on Monday agents arrested Angela Barksdale of 25 Cannon Drive in Caledonia for prescription fraud. Barksdale allegedly altered a prescription for Claritin to read Claritin D. Claritin D contains pseudoephedrine, a drug commonly used to manufacture methamphetamine. At the time of her Monday arrest, Barksdale was wanted in Lauderdale County for receiving stolen property. Barksdale is currently in custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY