February 9, 2009
A public meeting to discuss recreation in Columbus and Lowndes County will be held Tuesday at 5 p.m. in the courtroom of the Columbus Municipal Complex.
The City Council, the Lowndes County Board of Supervisors and members of the Columbus-Lowndes Recreation Authority board of directors are expected to attend the meeting, during which public comments on recreation needs and problems will be sought.
According to the official agenda for the meeting, following an invocation and introductions, officials will discuss â€œmyths and truthsâ€ of recreation needs and opportunities and will discuss a sportsplex â€" proposed for property near the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway â€" and a multipurpose facility, proposed for the old Cash Distributing building on Highway 182.
Following a subsequent discussion on neighborhood parks, officials will take comments during a citizensâ€™ input portion of the meeting.
Citizens are urged to limit their comments to two minutes of speaking time.
Residents unable to attend the meeting are encouraged to submit comments by e-mail to email@example.com or by postal mail to the mayorâ€™s office at P.O. Box 1408, Columbus, MS 39703.
Comments e-mailed or mailed must be received by noon Tuesday.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY