December 7, 2012 9:48:00 AM
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip -- Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal has arrived in the Gaza Strip for his first-ever visit. The landmark trip reflects his militant group's burgeoning international acceptance.
Mashaal had left the West Bank as a child and currently leads the Islamic movement from Qatar.
Mashaal crossed the Egyptian border today and was greeted by Hamas officials and representatives of the rival Fatah party. Mashaal's visit comes after he led the Hamas delegation that accepted a truce to stop last month's eight-day conflict between Israel and Gaza.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY