December 7, 2012 9:48:00 AM
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip -- Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal has arrived in the Gaza Strip for his first-ever visit. The landmark trip reflects his militant group's burgeoning international acceptance.
Mashaal had left the West Bank as a child and currently leads the Islamic movement from Qatar.
Mashaal crossed the Egyptian border today and was greeted by Hamas officials and representatives of the rival Fatah party. Mashaal's visit comes after he led the Hamas delegation that accepted a truce to stop last month's eight-day conflict between Israel and Gaza.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY