December 7, 2012 9:48:00 AM
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip -- Hamas chief Khaled Mashaal has arrived in the Gaza Strip for his first-ever visit. The landmark trip reflects his militant group's burgeoning international acceptance.
Mashaal had left the West Bank as a child and currently leads the Islamic movement from Qatar.
Mashaal crossed the Egyptian border today and was greeted by Hamas officials and representatives of the rival Fatah party. Mashaal's visit comes after he led the Hamas delegation that accepted a truce to stop last month's eight-day conflict between Israel and Gaza.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY