December 7, 2012 9:55:03 AM
A Columbus woman who pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly a half-million dollars from her employer is scheduled to be sentenced today in Lowndes County Circuit Court.
Pauline "Bernice" Lile, 62, of 1256 Lee Stokes Road, was arrested in September 2011 for allegedly embezzling more than $470,000 from Gordman Insurance Services.
Lile is believed to have stolen the funds from the insurance company between January 2011 and August 2011.
Lile was also head of the Lowndes County E-911 board at the time of her arrest, but resigned shortly after the arrest.
Presiding Judge Lee Coleman could sentence Lile to up to 10 years in prison.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY