December 7, 2012 9:55:03 AM
A Columbus woman who pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly a half-million dollars from her employer is scheduled to be sentenced today in Lowndes County Circuit Court.
Pauline "Bernice" Lile, 62, of 1256 Lee Stokes Road, was arrested in September 2011 for allegedly embezzling more than $470,000 from Gordman Insurance Services.
Lile is believed to have stolen the funds from the insurance company between January 2011 and August 2011.
Lile was also head of the Lowndes County E-911 board at the time of her arrest, but resigned shortly after the arrest.
Presiding Judge Lee Coleman could sentence Lile to up to 10 years in prison.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville aldermen sending potential case against former officer to DA's office STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY