December 7, 2012 9:55:03 AM
A Columbus woman who pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly a half-million dollars from her employer is scheduled to be sentenced today in Lowndes County Circuit Court.
Pauline "Bernice" Lile, 62, of 1256 Lee Stokes Road, was arrested in September 2011 for allegedly embezzling more than $470,000 from Gordman Insurance Services.
Lile is believed to have stolen the funds from the insurance company between January 2011 and August 2011.
Lile was also head of the Lowndes County E-911 board at the time of her arrest, but resigned shortly after the arrest.
Presiding Judge Lee Coleman could sentence Lile to up to 10 years in prison.
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY