December 7, 2012 9:55:03 AM
A Columbus woman who pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly a half-million dollars from her employer is scheduled to be sentenced today in Lowndes County Circuit Court.
Pauline "Bernice" Lile, 62, of 1256 Lee Stokes Road, was arrested in September 2011 for allegedly embezzling more than $470,000 from Gordman Insurance Services.
Lile is believed to have stolen the funds from the insurance company between January 2011 and August 2011.
Lile was also head of the Lowndes County E-911 board at the time of her arrest, but resigned shortly after the arrest.
Presiding Judge Lee Coleman could sentence Lile to up to 10 years in prison.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY