December 7, 2012 9:55:03 AM
A Columbus woman who pleaded guilty to embezzling nearly a half-million dollars from her employer is scheduled to be sentenced today in Lowndes County Circuit Court.
Pauline "Bernice" Lile, 62, of 1256 Lee Stokes Road, was arrested in September 2011 for allegedly embezzling more than $470,000 from Gordman Insurance Services.
Lile is believed to have stolen the funds from the insurance company between January 2011 and August 2011.
Lile was also head of the Lowndes County E-911 board at the time of her arrest, but resigned shortly after the arrest.
Presiding Judge Lee Coleman could sentence Lile to up to 10 years in prison.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY