December 7, 2012 9:57:04 AM
A husband and wife were arrested Thursday afternoon for allegedly manufacturing a spice lab.
Curtis and April Guenther of 683 Mike Parra Road were each charged with possession of a controlled substance and attempting to manufacture a controlled substance after agents with the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the Lowndes County Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant on the couple's home.
Spice, or synthetic marijuana, is a mixture of herbs sprayed with chemicals laced with acetone.
The Guenthers are currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, awaiting bond.
1. Sunday morning wreck claims three lives COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY