December 7, 2012 9:57:04 AM
A husband and wife were arrested Thursday afternoon for allegedly manufacturing a spice lab.
Curtis and April Guenther of 683 Mike Parra Road were each charged with possession of a controlled substance and attempting to manufacture a controlled substance after agents with the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the Lowndes County Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant on the couple's home.
Spice, or synthetic marijuana, is a mixture of herbs sprayed with chemicals laced with acetone.
The Guenthers are currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, awaiting bond.
1. In his DNA: Shepherd plays key role in cold case arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Volunteers host local arts bazaar in Starkville Sunday STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha County's chancery candidates preparing for nonpartisan race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MSU borrowing to build $9M parking garage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Locals recognizing the history, purpose of Memorial Day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY