December 7, 2012 9:57:04 AM
A husband and wife were arrested Thursday afternoon for allegedly manufacturing a spice lab.
Curtis and April Guenther of 683 Mike Parra Road were each charged with possession of a controlled substance and attempting to manufacture a controlled substance after agents with the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the Lowndes County Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant on the couple's home.
Spice, or synthetic marijuana, is a mixture of herbs sprayed with chemicals laced with acetone.
The Guenthers are currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, awaiting bond.
1. Man arrested for wedding day melee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Murder victim's attacker pleads guilty to assault COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SOCSD assistant superintendent vying for boss' job STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY