December 7, 2012 9:57:04 AM
A husband and wife were arrested Thursday afternoon for allegedly manufacturing a spice lab.
Curtis and April Guenther of 683 Mike Parra Road were each charged with possession of a controlled substance and attempting to manufacture a controlled substance after agents with the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics and the Lowndes County Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant on the couple's home.
Spice, or synthetic marijuana, is a mixture of herbs sprayed with chemicals laced with acetone.
The Guenthers are currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, awaiting bond.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human resources recruiter enters Starkville mayoral race as a Democrat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY