July 10, 2009
STARKVILLE -- The city of Starkville''s budget committee, which is made up of Mayor Parker Wiseman and the seven-member Board of Aldermen, has scheduled meetings with the city''s department heads over the next two weeks to work out details of the 2009-2010 fiscal year budget.
The first meetings will be held July 17, when the budget committee meets with Court Administrator Tony Rook, Starkville Electric Department General Manager Edd Hattaway and Sanitation Department Head Sharon Boyd. The committee also will meet with City Planner Ben Griffith and Deputy Clerk Tammy Tyndall.
The budget committee then will break until July 20, when it meets with Personnel Officer Randy Body, Starkville Police Department Chief David Lindley and Starkville Fire Department Chief Rodger Mann. Later that day the committee will meet with City Engineer Edward Kemp, Public Services Director Doug Devlin and City Clerk Markeeta Outlaw.
Then, on July 21, the budget committee will meet with City Accountant Debbie Clark and Parks and Park Commission Director Matthew Rye.
The budget committee in the past has been made up of a handful of aldermen, but the new board agreed Tuesday every member should sit in on the budget proceedings, at least for the first year, to become familiar with the process.
Starkville Chief Administrative Officer Lynn Spruill scheduled each department head meeting to last 45 minutes.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Registering their dissent: Nearly 1,000 attend Women's March in Jackson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY