December 19, 2012 11:00:31 AM
An contractor died of electrocution Tuesday afternoon while working on Columbus Air Force Base.
Hubert Layman McBrayer, 64, of Guin, Ala., was working as a self-employed contractor on CAFB when the accident occurred around noon.
Coroner Greg Merchant said McBrayer was in a bucket truck working on electrical wire approximately 40 feet off the ground. Merchant said McBrayer touched a live wire and was electrocuted. He died instantly.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY