December 19, 2012 11:00:31 AM
An contractor died of electrocution Tuesday afternoon while working on Columbus Air Force Base.
Hubert Layman McBrayer, 64, of Guin, Ala., was working as a self-employed contractor on CAFB when the accident occurred around noon.
Coroner Greg Merchant said McBrayer was in a bucket truck working on electrical wire approximately 40 feet off the ground. Merchant said McBrayer touched a live wire and was electrocuted. He died instantly.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS