December 19, 2012 11:00:31 AM
An contractor died of electrocution Tuesday afternoon while working on Columbus Air Force Base.
Hubert Layman McBrayer, 64, of Guin, Ala., was working as a self-employed contractor on CAFB when the accident occurred around noon.
Coroner Greg Merchant said McBrayer was in a bucket truck working on electrical wire approximately 40 feet off the ground. Merchant said McBrayer touched a live wire and was electrocuted. He died instantly.
1. Saturday night fire destroys Columbus home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Open Meetings Act violation claim expected against Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Bill targeting open meetings has Columbus roots COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SPD seek armed robbery suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Trotter to hold first post-renovation event Saturday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY