December 19, 2012 11:00:31 AM
An contractor died of electrocution Tuesday afternoon while working on Columbus Air Force Base.
Hubert Layman McBrayer, 64, of Guin, Ala., was working as a self-employed contractor on CAFB when the accident occurred around noon.
Coroner Greg Merchant said McBrayer was in a bucket truck working on electrical wire approximately 40 feet off the ground. Merchant said McBrayer touched a live wire and was electrocuted. He died instantly.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY