December 19, 2012 11:00:31 AM
An contractor died of electrocution Tuesday afternoon while working on Columbus Air Force Base.
Hubert Layman McBrayer, 64, of Guin, Ala., was working as a self-employed contractor on CAFB when the accident occurred around noon.
Coroner Greg Merchant said McBrayer was in a bucket truck working on electrical wire approximately 40 feet off the ground. Merchant said McBrayer touched a live wire and was electrocuted. He died instantly.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY