December 20, 2012 10:12:09 AM
A mother and her two adult children were arrested Tuesday after they attempted to steal approximately $1,200 in merchandise from Walmart in Columbus.
Wanda Rochelle Oden, 46, and Carlos Antonio Oden, 23, both of 1415 12th Ave. N., and Dawanda Rochelle Oden, 21, of 135 Sand Road in Starkville were arrested and charged with felony shoplifting.
Carlos Oden was also arrested on an outstanding warrant for contempt of court.
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested the trio around 1 p.m. Tuesday afternoon after they were stopped by Walmart Loss Prevention personnel.
CPD Public Information Officer Glenda Buckhalter said the family drove to Columbus from Starkville with the intention to shoplift from Walmart.
Wanda and Dewanda Oden were each released on a $2,500 bond. Carlos Oden is still currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a hold order from the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Phelps retiring from OCEMA, constable positions STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Fireworks on the Water set for July 1 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY