December 20, 2012 10:30:28 AM
An arrest was made Tuesday in connection with a string of armed robberies involving local pizza delivery drivers, according to officials with the Starkville Police Department.
Carlo Shepherd, 28, of 20493 Old Houston Road in Aberdeen, was arrested Tuesday in Aberdeen and charged with three counts of aggravated assault. He is currently being held in the Oktibbeha County Jail awaiting his initial appearance.
Shepherd's bond was set at $45,000.
The SPD asked for the public's help in finding the Shepherd and an unknown accomplice in late November.
The arrest stems from at least two armed robberies that occurred Oct. 20 and Nov. 4. Both involved pizza delivery drivers.
Shepherd was reportedly working with an accomplice, but SPD has not named any suspects, although they have reason to believe he is a black male who was wearing dark clothing at the time of the robberies.
In a release, SPD thanked the U.S. Marshall's Office, the Aberdeen Police Department and Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers for help in apprehending Shepherd.
Anyone with information regarding Shepherd's accomplice or similar cases is asked to contact SPD at 662-323-4131.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY