December 24, 2012 10:18:51 AM
A fatal car accident on Highway 12 in Lowndes County claimed the life of an Alabama man Sunday morning.
William "Bill" Mixson, 65, of Sulligent, was driving his midsize Chevrolet pick-up east on Highway 12 when he traveled into oncoming traffic and hit a vehicle head on. Mixson's truck was then struck by another vehicle.
He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said the accident is still under investigation.
The other drivers were unharmed.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY