December 24, 2012 10:18:51 AM
A fatal car accident on Highway 12 in Lowndes County claimed the life of an Alabama man Sunday morning.
William "Bill" Mixson, 65, of Sulligent, was driving his midsize Chevrolet pick-up east on Highway 12 when he traveled into oncoming traffic and hit a vehicle head on. Mixson's truck was then struck by another vehicle.
He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said the accident is still under investigation.
The other drivers were unharmed.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY