December 24, 2012 10:18:51 AM
A fatal car accident on Highway 12 in Lowndes County claimed the life of an Alabama man Sunday morning.
William "Bill" Mixson, 65, of Sulligent, was driving his midsize Chevrolet pick-up east on Highway 12 when he traveled into oncoming traffic and hit a vehicle head on. Mixson's truck was then struck by another vehicle.
He was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant said the accident is still under investigation.
The other drivers were unharmed.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. The view from above: Flights offer insight into Wings Over Columbus acts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photos: Super Bulldog Weekend STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY