December 26, 2012 9:55:37 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has declared a state of emergency for several Mississippi counties after severe storms moved through the state.
A news release Tuesday from the governor's office says at least eight Mississippi counties have reported damages and some injures. They are Forrest, Greene, Hinds, Jones, Lawrence, Pearl River Stone and Wilkinson.
The emergency declaration covers all counties affected.
Bryant says he and his wife, Deborah, extend their thoughts and prayers to all of those who were affected by the storms Tuesday.
He says the emergency declaration will help speed along help for storm victims.
1. West Point PD makes third arrest in August altercation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes awaits same-sex marriage ruling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mill development on pace for June completion STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators: August murder victim beaten, stabbed COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Younger claims Dist. 17 runoff COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY