December 26, 2012 9:55:37 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has declared a state of emergency for several Mississippi counties after severe storms moved through the state.
A news release Tuesday from the governor's office says at least eight Mississippi counties have reported damages and some injures. They are Forrest, Greene, Hinds, Jones, Lawrence, Pearl River Stone and Wilkinson.
The emergency declaration covers all counties affected.
Bryant says he and his wife, Deborah, extend their thoughts and prayers to all of those who were affected by the storms Tuesday.
He says the emergency declaration will help speed along help for storm victims.
1. Dead bald eagle found in Columbus appears to have been shot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. 'Stan the Man' retires COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Boys and Girls Club ready for first off-site program COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. No one charged after child left alone at hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Veterinarian questions eagle's cause of death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY