December 26, 2012 9:55:37 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has declared a state of emergency for several Mississippi counties after severe storms moved through the state.
A news release Tuesday from the governor's office says at least eight Mississippi counties have reported damages and some injures. They are Forrest, Greene, Hinds, Jones, Lawrence, Pearl River Stone and Wilkinson.
The emergency declaration covers all counties affected.
Bryant says he and his wife, Deborah, extend their thoughts and prayers to all of those who were affected by the storms Tuesday.
He says the emergency declaration will help speed along help for storm victims.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Bucket-list rides STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY