December 26, 2012 9:55:37 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has declared a state of emergency for several Mississippi counties after severe storms moved through the state.
A news release Tuesday from the governor's office says at least eight Mississippi counties have reported damages and some injures. They are Forrest, Greene, Hinds, Jones, Lawrence, Pearl River Stone and Wilkinson.
The emergency declaration covers all counties affected.
Bryant says he and his wife, Deborah, extend their thoughts and prayers to all of those who were affected by the storms Tuesday.
He says the emergency declaration will help speed along help for storm victims.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. The Running Man: Columbus cardiologist fled Uganda death squads as a teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY