December 26, 2012 9:55:37 AM
JACKSON -- Gov. Phil Bryant has declared a state of emergency for several Mississippi counties after severe storms moved through the state.
A news release Tuesday from the governor's office says at least eight Mississippi counties have reported damages and some injures. They are Forrest, Greene, Hinds, Jones, Lawrence, Pearl River Stone and Wilkinson.
The emergency declaration covers all counties affected.
Bryant says he and his wife, Deborah, extend their thoughts and prayers to all of those who were affected by the storms Tuesday.
He says the emergency declaration will help speed along help for storm victims.
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Boykin files federal suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY