December 27, 2012 9:48:58 AM
Four Monroe County men were arrested last week and charged with the robbery of a Lowndes County bar patron.
Spenceshea Hampton, 20, of 50009 Ridgeview Road in Aberdeen, Bradley Woods, 19, of 50095 Athens Quincy Road in Aberdeen, Joshua Gray, 25, of 50028 Swan Hill Road in Amory and Damian Easter, 22, of 50217 Splunge Road in Greenwood Springs, were arrested Dec. 20 by detectives with the Monroe County Sheriff's Department and charged with robbery.
The men were at the Broken Spoke Lounge & Deli on Wolfe Road in Caledonia Dec. 15 when they allegedly assaulted and robbed a patron, then fled the scene. Warrants were issued for their arrest after the victim provided a description of them to Lowndes County investigators.
They were transported to the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center and held on a $15,000 bond. Hampton and Woods bonded out the next day.
Gray and Easter were both on probation at the time of their arrest. They are still currently in the custody of the LCADC.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY