December 28, 2012 9:06:34 AM
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Owners of an old-school soda shop in St. Paul, Minn., are being warned to stop stocking novelty candy cigarettes.
City inspectors threatened a misdemeanor citation and $500 fine if Lynden's soda fountain is caught selling the fake smokes again. The Star Tribune reported Wednesday that the offering violated an ordinance barring the sale of candy smokes and cartoon character lighters.
A city spokesman says the warning came after inspectors received and looked into a complaint about the presence of the tobacco-themed products. The ordinance was enacted to discourage youngsters from picking up a real smoking habit.
1. Arrest made in Jack's restaurant case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CPD names suspect in Jack's incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus High lockdown lifted after CPD calls off search for suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Locals at inauguration: 'Just wonderful' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested in weekend robbery, car chase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY