January 9, 2013 12:17:45 PM
A pair of challengers have qualified to run for spots on the Starkville Board of Aldemen.
David Little will be running in Ward 3 while Scott Maynard will again run for the open Ward 5 seat after incumbent Jeremiah Dumas announced he would not seek reelection.
Ward 3 Aldermen Eric Parker has yet to announce his intentions.
Maynard, Mississippi State University's Career Center director, ran for Ward 5 during the previous election.
Little manages the claims office of Mississippi Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY