January 17, 2013 12:29:52 PM
Matt Matthews has been named the commercial loan officer by Cadence Bank for its Starkville Banking Center, where he is responsible for overseeing and managing commercial banking relationships in the Starkville market.
He began his banking career at Cadence Bank in 2008 as a treasury management assistant and was later promoted to treasury analyst. Most recently, he served as a credit analyst for the First National Bank of Central Texas.
Matthews graduated from Mississippi State University in 2008 with a degree in Banking and Finance and completed his Master's in Business Administration in 2009. He is an Alvis T. Hunt School of Business Scholarship recipient and was a finalist for the Orrin Swayze Banking and Finance Scholarship. While undertaking his graduate studies, Matthews served as vice president of professional relations for the MBA Association.
Matthews and his wife, Ashlyn, reside in Starkville.
1. Middle school mourning death of student STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Anti-McQueen ads could violate state law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Candidates attack absent mayor at forum COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman faces child endangerment charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Mayoral candidates trade barbs COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY