January 17, 2013 12:29:52 PM
Matt Matthews has been named the commercial loan officer by Cadence Bank for its Starkville Banking Center, where he is responsible for overseeing and managing commercial banking relationships in the Starkville market.
He began his banking career at Cadence Bank in 2008 as a treasury management assistant and was later promoted to treasury analyst. Most recently, he served as a credit analyst for the First National Bank of Central Texas.
Matthews graduated from Mississippi State University in 2008 with a degree in Banking and Finance and completed his Master's in Business Administration in 2009. He is an Alvis T. Hunt School of Business Scholarship recipient and was a finalist for the Orrin Swayze Banking and Finance Scholarship. While undertaking his graduate studies, Matthews served as vice president of professional relations for the MBA Association.
Matthews and his wife, Ashlyn, reside in Starkville.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Local man charged in Holly Hills death COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus council expected to make two CMSD board appointments COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY