January 17, 2013 12:29:52 PM
Matt Matthews has been named the commercial loan officer by Cadence Bank for its Starkville Banking Center, where he is responsible for overseeing and managing commercial banking relationships in the Starkville market.
He began his banking career at Cadence Bank in 2008 as a treasury management assistant and was later promoted to treasury analyst. Most recently, he served as a credit analyst for the First National Bank of Central Texas.
Matthews graduated from Mississippi State University in 2008 with a degree in Banking and Finance and completed his Master's in Business Administration in 2009. He is an Alvis T. Hunt School of Business Scholarship recipient and was a finalist for the Orrin Swayze Banking and Finance Scholarship. While undertaking his graduate studies, Matthews served as vice president of professional relations for the MBA Association.
Matthews and his wife, Ashlyn, reside in Starkville.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hitting the road: Bulldog fans pour into OKC for tonight's Sweet 16 matchup against Washington STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for O-Kay Foods shooting suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY