January 23, 2013 9:34:07 AM
HOUSTON -- A 22-year-old man has been charged in the shootings at a Houston-area community college campus that left him and two others wounded.
A statement from the Harris County Sheriff's Office identifies the suspect as Carlton Berry. Spokesman Alan Bernstein says Berry is charged with aggravated assault but remains hospitalized with wounds suffered in the shooting.
Investigators say a fight between two people erupted in gunfire Tuesday at a Lone Star College campus in suburban Houston. A maintenance man was caught in the crossfire, and students and others were sent cowering in classrooms.
No one was killed, but the volley of gunshots heard shortly after noon fear of another campus massacre just over a month after 26 were killed at a Connecticut elementary school.
1. Planned talent show draws scam concerns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Flier calling for boycotts further disrupts divisive Southside development issue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Shooting victim fights for life in hospital COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Five candidates emerging for Oktibbeha's circuit clerk race STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Local nonprofits receive $8,800 in grants from Exchange Club COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY