January 24, 2013 9:31:25 AM
JACKSON -- Regional bank Trustmark Corp. said profit in 2012's fourth quarter rose 14 percent from the same three months of 2011, as bad loans fell and the bank made more from writing new mortgages.
Trustmark said Tuesday it made a quarterly profit of $27.7 million, or 43 cents per share, up from $24.3 million, or 38 cents per share, in 2011's fourth quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had estimated 44 cents per share, on average.
Based in Jackson, the $9.8 billion bank has offices in Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida and Texas.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Bucket-list rides STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY