January 24, 2013 9:31:25 AM
JACKSON -- Regional bank Trustmark Corp. said profit in 2012's fourth quarter rose 14 percent from the same three months of 2011, as bad loans fell and the bank made more from writing new mortgages.
Trustmark said Tuesday it made a quarterly profit of $27.7 million, or 43 cents per share, up from $24.3 million, or 38 cents per share, in 2011's fourth quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had estimated 44 cents per share, on average.
Based in Jackson, the $9.8 billion bank has offices in Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida and Texas.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY