January 24, 2013 9:31:25 AM
JACKSON -- Regional bank Trustmark Corp. said profit in 2012's fourth quarter rose 14 percent from the same three months of 2011, as bad loans fell and the bank made more from writing new mortgages.
Trustmark said Tuesday it made a quarterly profit of $27.7 million, or 43 cents per share, up from $24.3 million, or 38 cents per share, in 2011's fourth quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had estimated 44 cents per share, on average.
Based in Jackson, the $9.8 billion bank has offices in Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida and Texas.
1. Father of parking lot shooting victim speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspected shooter's family says lover's quarrel led to incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Teen arrested and charged with capital murder, arson COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Highway 50 shutting down tonight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former CMSD choir director indicted for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY