January 24, 2013 9:31:25 AM
JACKSON -- Regional bank Trustmark Corp. said profit in 2012's fourth quarter rose 14 percent from the same three months of 2011, as bad loans fell and the bank made more from writing new mortgages.
Trustmark said Tuesday it made a quarterly profit of $27.7 million, or 43 cents per share, up from $24.3 million, or 38 cents per share, in 2011's fourth quarter.
Analysts polled by FactSet had estimated 44 cents per share, on average.
Based in Jackson, the $9.8 billion bank has offices in Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida and Texas.
1. Cattleman's: Open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus remembers Jimmy Garton, a man of many titles COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Benefit for father-son crash victims this weekend COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Demonstration school seeks statewide impact STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Romney speaks at MSU, still undeclared for 2016 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY