January 24, 2013 9:39:44 AM
The following arrests were reported by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office and the Columbus Police Department:
■ Robert Alexander Covington, 22, of 160 1st St. SW in Vernon, Ala., was arrested on Duncan Road in Caledonia by MHP Jan. 18 and charged with fleeing or eluding in a motor vehicle. He was released Jan. 22 on a $2,500 cash bond. His court date is May 13.
■ Jonathan Harris Jr., 35, of 435 Griffin St., in West Point, was arrested in the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office parking lot by LCSO Jan. 20 and charged with retaliation against a public servant. He has not been released. Bond is set at $7,500. His court date is May 13.
■ Patrick Kyle Jordan, 26, of 209 Cherry Bark Lane in Brandon, was arrested at 7710 Wolfe Road in Caledonia by LCSO Jan. 18 and charged with obtaining a controlled substance by fraud. He has not been released. Bond is set at $5,000. His court date is scheduled for May 13.
■ Billy Darryl Livingston, 47, of 4142 Highway 69 S., was arrested at his residence Jan. 20 and charged with cyberstalking-email/communication to extort, domestic violence, driving without insurance, seatbelt violation and no drivers license. He has not been released. His court date is scheduled for Feb. 26.
■ Tamarcus Montrel Thomas, 33, of 1021 16th St. N., was arrested at the Columbus Police Department by CPD Jan. 22 and charged with burglary of a commercial building, car, etc. He has not been released.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Woman arrested for alleged box cutter attack COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Building hope: World Changers mission takes on 14 projects in Lowndes Co. COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY